Gnoss Field Community Association
A Chapter of the California Pilots’ Association
Information for Pilots
To reduce the noise and annoyances from low-flying aircraft over homes near the airport, GFCA and local aviation businesses have published procedures to “fly friendly” for pilots using Gnoss Field.
KDVO on the Radio
AWOS 120.675 (415-897-2236)
KDVO by Phone
Dan Jensen, Airport Manager: 415-897-1754
KDVO on Internet
KDVO on airnav..com (info)
KDVO on liveatc.net (audio)
Marin County (DPW) airport page
Stories of Interest to Pilots
Information for Neighbors
About Annoyances from Low-Flying Aircraft
Members of the Gnoss Field Community Association sincerely respect the concerns of neighbors close to the airport. We welcome constructive dialog with neighbors to explain what pilots can and cannot do when flying into and out of Gnoss Field Airport. We also research concerns that come to us, often discovering that the aircraft are complying with federal air regulations, and in several cases not flying into or out of Gnoss Field.
Nonetheless, we intend to provide a way for community neighbors to alert us to issues of concern. Hopefully, this will be an online link posted here in the future.
Benefits of General Aviation
Hear the stories of ways the airport at Gnoss Field serves the community.
Upcoming stories will focus on three volunteer programs:
- Lighthawk — a non-profit of conservation scientists that use aviation to see the world differently.
- COVID Mask Distribution — flying essential light-weight supplies to places where they are needed.
- Guide Dogs — flying animals in private airplanes with greater comfort and to places closer to their destinations. See Planes for Puppies
- Angel Flight — pilots providing free air transportation for patients needing non-emergency medical treatment.
- Disaster Assistance — community airports can provide vital aviation services, transportation, cargo, and distribution points in the case of a wildfire, natural disaster (flooding/earthquakes), pandemics, etc.
Aircraft that fly at Gnoss Field
View a gallery of photographs of aircraft that fly at Gnoss Field. Personal air transportation, air charter turboprop and business jets, helicopters, even military aircraft all use Gnoss Field for transportation, business and training.